Before you hire a divorce lawyer, the first thing you need to do is schedule a consultation with the attorney you’re considering. This will help you find the best attorney to handle your particular case.
To get the most from your initial consultation, ask these 5 questions of your divorce lawyer:
- How many divorce cases have you handled? Experience matters. You need a divorce lawyer with ample experience handling divorce cases and achieving positive results for clients.
- How many of these cases are similar to mine? Every divorce is different. Some are contested, others are uncontested. Some involve child custody, others involve large financial assets. Make sure you choose a Florida divorce lawyer who has handled cases similar to your own.
- What is your approach to handling divorce cases? Your best bet is to choose a divorce lawyer who takes a no-nonsense, straightforward approach to resolving your divorce, helping expedite the process while avoiding unnecessary drama.
- How will we work together? Communication is essential to a good lawyer-client relationship. Make sure you know who you’ll be interacting with, how you’ll be updated about the status of your case, and what the best way is to communicate with your lawyer.
- How will I be billed? Don’t be embarrassed to ask questions about the lawyer’s fees. You need to know exactly how much you’ll owe and how/when you need to pay.
Miller Law Associates offers affordable, flat fee divorce representation in Florida. Schedule a consultation with our experienced Florida divorce lawyers today. Visit www.DivorceYes.com for more information.