Are you unhappy with the outcome of your divorce case? In Florida, you have the right to appeal a divorce decree. You do so when you believe that an appeals court should reverse, overturn, or modify a court’s ruling in your divorce.
These cases can be very complicated, but in general, you can appeal these 5 divorce issues:
- Court rulings on the division of assets and the equitable distribution of marital property.
- Court rulings are that incorrect according to the law, fact, or procedure.
- Court rulings where the judge abused his or her discretion and power.
- Fraud, misconduct, or mistakes in the negotiations that resulted in an unfair or unequal agreement or decree.
- Failure of the court to make a final judgment.
In most cases, you have 30 days from the date of the final divorce decree to file a notice of appeal. Again, this is a very complex legal matter, so you would be well advised to consult with an experienced Florida family law attorney.
If you’re considering appealing your divorce, let the legal team at DivorceYes.com help. We have extensive experience in all areas of Florida divorce and family law. Find out more at www.DivorceYes.com.
Tags: FL Divorce Attorney