Comedian Louis C.K. once said, “No good marriage has ever ended in divorce. That would be sad. If two people were married and they just had a great thing and then they got divorced, that would be really sad. But that has happened zero times.”
He has a point. Divorce is rarely something that just pops out of nowhere. Typically, a marriage has been deteriorating for an extended period of time, and warning signs are flashing all around that things are coming to an end. Unfortunately, some couples don’t recognize these warning signs for a long, long time, making the relationship get worse and worse until things get to the point that they explode.
Could your marriage be heading for divorce? Here are some signs that things may be beyond fixing.
- One or both of you have “checked out” from the relationship, no longer spending time together or engaging on any meaningful level.
- One or both spouses flat out refuse to try or give any effort at repairing the marriage.
- A spouse continues to be unfaithful and untrustworthy
- Communication has broken down
- There’s never any compromising to make the other spouse happy
If you’re seeing any of these warning signs, it might be time to consult with a divorce attorney to explore your options and prepare for your next steps. The Florida divorce attorneys at Miller Law Associates are here to answer your questions and help you through this difficult time. Learn more at www.DivorceYes.com.