Whether you’re decided that you may want to get divorced or you’ve been served with divorce papers, one of the first things you should do is speak with a divorce attorney. Not only are divorce laws often complicated, but you also need sound guidance and advice during this uncertain time. A good attorney will be able to guide you through the entire process and ensure your best interests are always represented.
Of course, choosing the right attorney is a key to a successful experience. That’s why you need to schedule consultations with qualified divorce attorneys in your area, and when you do, you need to make sure you ask the right questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question. You want to be sure you hire the best divorce attorney for your needs.
With that in mind, here are some questions you should ask when talking to a divorce attorney:
- How long have you been practicing divorce law?
- How long have you been practicing in this state?
- What is your philosophy for handling divorce cases?
- What is the divorce process typically like?
- Do your cases typically go to trial?
- How much are your fees?
- What can I expect in my case?
Asking the right questions can help you choose the right lawyer.
Tags: Florida Divorce Attorney