In the event that you and your spouse are unable to work together to achieve a peaceful uncontested divorce in Florida, you’ll need to be prepared for divorce court. It certainly isn’t ideal to have your divorce go to court, but if it does, it’s important that you’re prepared to make the best impression whenever you’re called upon to testify.
Here are a few tips to help you if you need to testify in court during your Florida divorce:
- Keep your emotions in check. Stay calm and answer questions clearly and rationally. Take a deep breath before speaking.
- Always make sure you understand the question before answering. If you don’t understand it, ask for the question to be repeated.
- Keep your answers short, to the point, and truthful. There’s no need to volunteer any extraneous information.
- Be careful of questions that contain inaccurate information. Always pay attention to every word the attorney is asking you, and if the information is wrong, point it out.
- Always be respectful and carry yourself with dignity and class.
For all your Florida divorce and family law needs, trust the experienced legal team at DivorceYes.com. Schedule your free consultation today at www.DivorceYes.com.